Chocolate chia seeds pudding
Chia seeds puddings are so simple to make, yet they taste so good, it is just a matter of putting the right ingredients together the night before and you have your breakfast waiting for you in the morning. Before I tried it myself I wondered how to make it and whether it would taste good or not, but once I tried it, it is so easy, very tasty and super healthy.
Chia seeds are little black seeds from the plant Salvia Hispanica, related to mint. It is a native plant of South America. Chia seeds were an important food for the Aztecs and Mayans,'chia' is the ancient Mayan word for 'strength'.
Despite being an ancient dietary staple food, only recently chia seeds became a 'superfood'.
Chia seeds have massive amount of nutrients with very low calories, they are loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micro-nutrients.
- Chia seeds are high in antioxidants that help to protect the delicate fats in seeds.
- Almost all of the carbohydrates in chia seeds are fiber, this allows them to absorb 10 to 12 times their weight in water.
- Chia seeds are high in quality protein much higher than most plant foods.
- Chia seeds are high in protein and fiber, both of which have been shown to help weight loss.
- Chia seeds are very high in the Omega-3 fatty acid ALA.
Their health benefits are many, these are just to mention a few of them.
Get creative with the toppings of your choice, mix and match the fruits and nuts and you have a delicious and healthy breakfast. Take it to work or even enjoy it as a dessert. ;) Enjoy this great combination of creaminess!
So now that we know that these tiny little seeds can do to our body let's get to the delicious part ;)
Nutritional information- https://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds
|Prep Time:||10 mins - Refrigeration 3 to 4 hours or overnight|
|Servings:||Serves 1 can be doubled|
- Add all the ingredients into an air tight jar, stir well to combine.
- I would suggest using a small wire whisk so the cocoa powder is mixed well.
- If you think it is too thick feel free to add a splash of almond milk.
- Pop it into the fridge, you can keep it over night and it is ready for breakfast the next day morning.
- Add any toppings of your choice. I have topped mine with fresh strawberries, blueberries and mixed seeds.