Maple Roasted carrot soup
A beautiful flavourful soup made using roasted carrots, onions and garlic all drizzled with maple syrup while roasting them, with spices like turmeric and chilli powder gives it a kick. A perfect soup on a cold winter’s day, can be enjoyed as a light lunch or light dinner.
What I love about this soup is that you chop all the veggies and throw them into the oven and let it roast, once cooked add it to the blender and it is ready. It is that simple.
I created this recipe in collaboration with Kenwood Ireland using my Kenwood Multi pro compact + which was kindly gifted to me. I absolutely love it and it makes life so much easier. From grating to chopping to blending I use it for everything in my kitchen.
I prefer using organic carrots for this soup. You can mix and match any spices of your choice, like cumin, coriander powder, or make it a bit more spicy by adding more chilli powder. You can even use honey if you don’t have maple syrup.
If you want a more creamy soup you can add fresh cream and bring it to a mild simmer. My little boy preferred it with cream :) Use any of your favourite toppings to add more crunch to your soup. Serve with crusty bread of choice or with garlic bread tastes absolutely amazing.
|40 to 50 mins roasting, Cooking 10 mins
- 1 Kg organic carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ liter vegetable stock (more for thinner consistency)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Freshly chopped parsley to serve
- Crusty bread to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, line a baking tray with paper and set aside.
- Add all the chopped veggies, spices, oil and maple syrup into the baking tray and bake for about 40 to 50 mins until the carrots are cooked. Set aside to cool down before adding into the blender (Each oven varies)
- Add the roasted veggies and stock into Kenwood Multi pro compact + and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a large pot and bring to simmer for couple of mins just so the flavours combine together,
- Serve warm with crusty bread and freshly chopped parsley, drizzle fresh cream if you like. Enjoy!