A lazy Sunday morning, when the time feels like it is going in slow motion and no one’s complaining, those are the days I feel like making pancakes, warm pancakes, drizzled with golden syrup, topped with favourites fruits, this is my kind of lazy Sunday morning brunch.
Now who doesn’t like a classic pancake?! I haven’t met a single person who said they don’t like pancakes! You make them many different ways and they are the perfect way to start a beautiful day.
My love for pancakes started in my best friends house, I stayed at her place one day and I remember she made these simple classic pancakes, topped with caramelised bananas. I still remember the way they tasted. I did recreate it at home many times. Now it has become our favourite Sunday morning breakfast.
My parents came for a visit here to Ireland two years ago and I made the same pancakes for them and after that my Mom would sweetly ask me will you make pancakes for me, I would smile and make it for her :)
When I tell my husband do you want me to make pancakes he will jump out of his bed :D my little boy says Yay! When I say the word pancakes.
This recipe is very very simple, but the end results are pure heavenly goodness!! I have used self rising flour for this, you can use gluten-free flour as well. Use any toppings of your choice, I have topped mine with fresh berries, chia seeds and pure honey.
Here's to more warmer spring days!
|Prep Time:||under 30 mins|
|Servings:||Makes 8 pancakes|
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 2 cups of milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Butter to fry
- 2 tbsp honey/ maple syrup to serve
- Fresh berries of your choice to serve
- 1 tsp whole chia seeds to serve
- Mix flour, milk, eggs, melted butter, baking powder and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl, use a wire whisk so there are no lumps, do not beat the mixture.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat, add about 1/2 tsp of butter on a non stick pan and using a ladle pour the batter over the pan, let the pancake cook on one side, then flip and cook on the other side as well. Will take about 2 to 3 mins. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!