Mixed Vegetable omelette
Sometimes I do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen, those are the days I think of some easy, quick fix dinner ideas, without compromising on my health or my families health. It is so easy to pick up the phone and dial a takeaway, but what if I told you that this dish only take few mins to whip up, probably will be ready the time spent waiting for your takeaway to arrive. ;)
Everyone knows how to make an omelette, all I did was made it more nutritional by adding more vegetables to it. I made this dinner for my little five year old and for me, we both enjoyed it, but the best compliment is when he says that this was so tasty Mummy. :) Then I am satisfied.
I hardly had anything left in the fridge and this came up just like that, made use of most of the vegetables and made it more nutritional :) So you have a protein packed dinner ready in few mins.
|Prep Time:||Under 20 mins|
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 4 small button mushrooms
- Handful of fresh spinach chopped
- 1 small chopped tomato
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped clove of garlic
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried Italian herbs
- pink Himalayan salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil on a non stick pan, saute the onion until translucent
- Add the chopped garlic and fry for a min or two.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and saute for 4 to 5 mins until all the water evaporates
- Now add the tomatoes and fry for another 2 to 3 mins
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs using a wire whisk, season with salt and pepper and the rest of the spices
- Now spread the veggies around the pan, gently pour the beaten eggs all over the vegetables and spread it evenly
- Cover with a lid and let it cook for 2 to 3 mins on medium heat
- Check if the omelette has browned under, then slowly flip and let it cook of a min or two
- Serve with some crusty bread and enjoy