Beetroot and ginger smoothie
Few years ago if someone told me they had a vegetable for their breakfast in form a juice or smoothie, I would have been like yucky no way! But now I see how much that has changed for me, not only I am eating vegetables for breakfast but making all kinds of smoothies with them and I enjoy it. ;)
This beetroot and ginger smoothie is just what you need to detoxify that digestive system.
- Beetroot has numerous health benefits like lowers the blood sugar, detox the liver, high in vitamins, these are just to name a few.
- Ginger helps the gut, strengthens the immune system, reduces inflammation, again to name just a few.
A blend of all natural, wholesome ingredients this smoothie tastes delicious, even for a non veggie lover. Trust me you won't feel the ginger nor the beetroot ;)
|Prep Time:||5 mins|
- 2 organic banana
- 2 small cooked beetroots chopped
- one small 1 inch by 1 inch fresh piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp zero fat strained Greek yogurt (plant based yogurt for vegan)
- 1 tsp of whole chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamin flavoured honey (or plain honey/ maple syrup for vegan)
- unsweetened almond milk to blend as per required consistency
Blend everything well on a high speed blender, Top with more fresh berries, seeds, more chia seeds and and enjoy right away.